Archive | January 18, 2017

Messi says he will never choose to leave Barca….

Lionel Messi

Lionel Messi says he will be at Barcelona for “as long as they want me to be”. Barca have previously said the ability to offer the 29-year-old, their all-time top scorer, an improved contract will rest on their capacity to raise revenue from sponsorship deals and player sales. He is out of contract in 18 months’ time. Messi was asked by magazine Coach if he would consider a Premier League move, and he said: “I have always said that Barcelona has given me everything and I am here for as long as they want me to be.”

Yaya Toure rejects China move….

Yaya Toure

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has turned down a £430,000-a-week offer from China. Toure, 33, was the subject of interest from the Chinese Super League last summer. He decided against moving then and gave the same response when he was contacted again to say the offer remained open during the current transfer window, which closes on 31 January. The Ivorian’s contract at the Etihad expires in the summer. Toure’s future appeared in doubt when he was left out of the City squad by Pep Guardiola at the start of the season.

Continue reading