- Victor Anichebe started for Sunderland and played full time as they won their first game of the season 2 – 1 against Bournemouth away at the Vitality Stadium. Anichebe scored Suderland’s equalizer and got the penalty for the winner.
- Kelechi Iheanacho made a substitute appearance for Manchester City in the 90th when he replaced Aguero as they drew 1 – 1 at home with Middlesbrough at the Etihad Stadium.
- Victor Moses started for Chelsea and played full time as they beat Everton 5 – 0 at home at the Stamford Bridge.
- Alex Iwobi started for Arsenal as they drew 1 – 1 at home with Tottenham at the Emirates Stadium. He was replaced by Giroud in the 70th minute.
- Ahmed Musa started for Leicester as they lost 2 – 1 at home to West Brom at the King Power Stadium. He was replaced by Gray in the 67th minute.
- Odion Ighalo started for Watford and played full time as they lost 6 – 1 away to Liverpool at the Anfield.
- Isaac Success was not selected for Watford’s game against Liverpool. Mikel Obi was also not selected for Chelsea’s game against Everton – The inspiring Super Eagles captain continues to pay the price for leaving Chelsea’s pre-season to represent Nigeria at the Rio Olympics where he won a Bronze medal.