- Victor Anichebe started for Sunderland and played full time as they beat Hull City 3 – 0 at home at the Stadium of Light . He scored the second and third goals in the match making it three goals in two starts for the big man. He is making a strong case for a recall to the Super Eagles. David Moyes came in for some ridicule when he picked up Anichebe on a free over the summer. It looks like shrewd business now.
- Kelechi Iheanacho was an unused substitute for Manchester City as they beat Crystal Palace 2 – 1 away at the Selhurst Park.
- Victor Moses started for Chelsea as they beat Middlesbrough 1 – 0 away at the Riverside Stadium to go top of the EPL table. He was replaced by Ivanovic in the 90th minute.
- Alex Iwobi was an unused substitute for Arsenal as they drew 1 – 1 away to Manchester United at the Old Trafford.
- Ahmed Musa came in at the 78th minute for Leicester as they lost 2 – 1 away to Watford at the Vicarage Road.
- Odion Ighalo was an unused substitute for Watford was they won Leicester 2 – 1 at home at the Vicarage Road.
- Isaac Success was not selected for Watford’s game against Leicester. Mikel Obi was also not selected for Chelsea’s game against Middlesbrough – The inspiring Super Eagles captain continues to pay the price for leaving Chelsea’s pre-season to represent Nigeria at the Rio Olympics where he won a Bronze medal. Mikel had a wonderful game over the international break where he captained Nigeria and scored a goal as the Super Eagles beat Algeria 3 – 1 in a world cup qualifier played Uyo, Nigeria.