Orange Signs New Eight-Year Partnership with Confederation of African Football (CAF) as Official Sponsor of 5 Major CAF Competitions from 2017 – 2024. The eight-year sponsorship also covers the Total U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, the Total Women Africa Cup of Nations, the Total CAF Champions League and the Total CAF Super Cup. The Total Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) is the biggest football tournament across Africa and the Middle East. Today, Orange has signed a new eight-year contract to be the Official Sponsor and CAF partner, extending a successful sponsorship partnership that dates back to 2008. Services to support the partnership will be provided by Lagardère Sports.
The new partnership covers:
- The Final tournament of the Total Africa Cup of Nations (2017, 2019, 2021 and 2023);
- The Final tournament of the Total U-20 Africa Cup of Nations (2017, 2019, 2021 and 2023);
- The Final Phase of the Total CAF Champions League (2017 to 2024);
- The Final Tournament of the Total Women Africa Cup of Nations (2018, 2020, 2022, 2024);
- The Total CAF Super Cup (2017 to 2024).
Bruno Mettling, Deputy CEO of Orange, and CEO of Orange Middle East and Africa, commented: “Football is the number one passion of our customers in Africa and the Middle East, and we’re delighted that our new partnership will enable us to bring them even closer to the events and things they love. These flagship competitions in African football generate an incredible spirit of unity across communities and people, and Orange is proud to reaffirm its commitment to supporting football, as we have done for nearly 20 years. Innovations that Orange has developed, like the Orange Football Club digital platform, are particularly popular in the countries where we operate and play a vital role in supporting football fans across the region.”