Chelsea have submitted a planning application for a new 60,000 capacity stadium at Stamford Bridge. In a message to supporters and neighbours on their website, the club said “a planning application for a new stadium at Stamford Bridge with an expanded seating capacity has been submitted. This follows a successful consultation process during which we received very helpful feedback. This application will now be examined by the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
The main details of the application are:
– Stadium seating capacity to expand from 41,600 to 60,000 spectators
– An outstanding view of the stadium from every seat
– An arena designed to create an exciting atmosphere
– Direct access to and from Fulham Broadway Station, making travel more efficient
– Stadium facilities improved for every area
The planning process will last beyond the end of the season; if the application is granted planning permission there will still be a lot of work to do before redevelopment can start, including obtaining various other consents. We will inform you of progress through this process. Thank you for your continued support”.