- Victor Moses started for Chelsea and scored the third goal as they beat Leicester at the Stamford Bridge. He was replaced by Ola Aina in the 82nd minute.
- Ahmed Musa started for Leicester as they lost at the Stamford Bridge. He was replaced by Slimani in the 67th minute.
- Alex Iwobi started as usual for Arsenal as they beat Swansea at the Emirates stadium. He was replaced by Coquelin in the 68th minute.
- Kelechi Iheanacho started for Manchester City who drew with Everton at the Etihad stadium. He was replaced by Aguero in the 56th minute.
- Isaac Success made his first start and impressed for Watford as they beat Middlesbrough away at the Riverside stadium. He was replaced by Watson at the 89th minute. He was the man of the match.
- Odion Ighalo was on the bench for Watford. Mikel Obi was not selected for Chelsea for the umpteenth time – a price he continues to pay for leaving Chelsea’s pre-season to represent Nigeria at the Rio Olympics where he won a Bronze medal. This is the time Nigeria has to give all the support to the able and inspiring Super Eagles captain.