- Kelechi Iheanacho replaced Kevin De Bruyne at half time and scored Manchester City’s equalizer in the 55th minute as they drew 1 – 1 with Southampton at home at the Etihad Stadium.
- Ahmed Musa started for Leicester and scored the first goal in the 42nd minute as they beat Crystal Palace 3 – 1 at home at the King Power Stadium. He was replaced by Gray in the 81st minute.
- Alex Iwobi started for Arsenal as they drew 0 – 0 with Middlesbrough at home at the Emirates stadium. He was replaced by Perez Martinez in the 67th minute.
- Victor Moses started for Chelsea and played the whole game as they beat Manchester United 4 – 0 at home at the Stamford Bridge.
- Odion Ighalo started for Watford and played the whole game as they drew 0 – 0 with Swansea away at the Liberty Stadium.
- Victor Anichebe was an unused substitute for Sunderland as they lost 1 – 0 away to West Ham United at the London Stadium.
- Isaac Success was not selected for Watford’s game against Swansea. Mikel Obi was also not selected for Chelsea’s game against Manchester United – The inspiring Super Eagles captain continues to pay the price for leaving Chelsea’s pre-season to represent Nigeria at the Rio Olympics where he won a Bronze medal.