- Ahmed Musa started for Leicester and scored the equalizer in the 48th minute as they drew 1 – 1 with Tottenham away at the White Hart Lane. He was replaced by Schlupp in the 68th minute.
- Alex Iwobi started for Arsenal as they beat Sunderland 4 – 1 away at the Stadium of Light. He was replaced by Giroud in the 69th minute.
- Victor Moses started for Chelsea played a good game as they beat Southampton 2 – 0 away at the St. Mary’s Stadium. He was replaced by Ivanovic in the 87th minute.
- Odion Ighalo started for Watford and played the whole game as they beat Hull City 1 – 0 at home at the Vicarage Road.
- Kelechi Iheanacho was an unused substitute for Manchester City as they beat West Brom 4 – 0 away at the Hawthorns.
- Victor Anichebe was an unused substitute for Sunderland as they lost 4 – 10 at home to Arsenal at the Stadium of Light.
- Isaac Success was not selected for Watford’s game against Hull City. Mikel Obi was also not selected for Chelsea’s game against Southampton – The inspiring Super Eagles captain continues to pay the price for leaving Chelsea’s pre-season to represent Nigeria at the Rio Olympics where he won a Bronze medal.